BUSINESS NEEDS TALENT. TALENT NEEDS OPPORTUNITY. BOTH NEED THE CONNECTOR PROGRAM.
Our Connector Program is a simple yet highly effective networking program that helps local businesses and organizations connect with talented immigrants who want to build a career in Edmonton.
We put pre-qualified Connectees directly in touch with local business people, civil servants, and community leaders who volunteer as Connectors – people who are in the habit of making introductions and connecting others to opportunities.
Who are the Connectees?
Internationally trained professionals who are permanent residents, living in Edmonton and are employment ready.
- Work with our Connector Program Coordinator who will provide you with a brief orientation as well as coaching tips that will help you to navigate the meeting with your Connectee.
- Meet with the Connectee (one meeting for one half- hour).
- Share your knowledge of the current labour market situation, demands and the skills required in your professional field.
- After the meeting, you may be able to provide the participant with three other relevant contacts in their industry. Each of the contacts will be asked for three more referrals, essentially creating a basic business network or web of connections. This is only in case you feel comfortable doing so.
- Provide any feedback regarding the Connectee participant directly to the Connector Program Coordinator.
Why become a Connector?
- Access to local professional immigrant talent here in Edmonton
- Increased awareness of your own organization and industry
- Building a network for people by helping them succeed in Alberta
- Making Edmonton a more welcoming and diverse community!
How do I become a Connector or a Connectee?
For more information contact Elena Chernaeva, Project Coordinator at email@example.com or call 780-497-8866.