FEBRUARY 28, 2013
In its 3rd year, ERIEC’s Edmonton Global Talent Conference 2013, formerly the “Career Mentorship Symposium”, is known as one of Edmonton’s premium events for internationally trained professionals, who are looking to connect with and be inspired by leaders from the Edmonton business community, while receiving practical insights, tools and resources to further their career development.
The Edmonton Global Talent Conference is a one-day event that will take place on February 28, 2013 at the Fantasyland Hotel Conference Centre, at West Edmonton Mall.
This is a cost free event.
If you are an internationally trained professional, from the Finance, IT or Engineering sector, who is currently unemployed or not working in your chosen profession, register for this conference to network with and be equipped to succeed in reaching your career goals by successful newcomer professionals, industry experts, and employers.
- Receive advice from successful foreign-trained professionals who have found their place in their profession in Edmonton.
- Learn about Canadian Workplace Culture through industry-specific panel discussions with employers and professional associations.
- Participate in your choice of professional development seminars led by local professionals with expertise in the most up-to-date career development tools.
- Receive the motivation and encouragement you need from knowledgeable industry leaders who can help you reach your career goals in Edmonton.
- Learn about the value of mentorship from one of Edmonton’s leading executive coaches.
- Expand your professional network.
|7:30 – 8:30 AM||Registration and Continental Breakfast|
|8:30 AM||Welcome and Introductions|
|Keynote Speaker: Dalibor Petrovic, Partner, Deloitte Consulting, “An Internationally Trained Professional’s Success Story”|
|9:30 AM||Successful Foreign Trained Professionals Panel|
|10:15 AM||Break & Marketplace|
|10:45 AM||Industry-specific Breakout Sessions:
|12:15 PM||Lunch (provided) and Marketplace|
|1:30 PM||Professional Development Breakout Sessions:|
|3:00 PM||Keynote Speaker: Vik Maraj, Partner,
Unstoppable Conversations, “The Value of Mentorship”
|3:30 PM||Closing Remarks & Networking Reception|
|5:00 PM||Conference Ends|