ERIEC is dedicated to ensuring immigrants are welcomed and participate in the economy to their full potential. Foreign-trained, experienced professionals now making the Edmonton region their home want to contribute their skills to our economy – but many lack the local knowledge needed for a successful job search. ERIEC provides a unique and effective bridge between employers’ labour needs and globally trained new residents so they can work to their full potential.
SmartConnections is a model which helps Internationally Educated Professionals (IEPs) in creating sustainable career paths, whether within or outside their field of expertise. ERIEC usually offers these sessions once or twice a year. This 3 hour event:
- Increases IEPs knowledge of specialized sector-specific Canadian workplace opportunities;
- Connects them directly to employer representatives from the local labour market who present the skills required to succeed in the sector;
- Enables low ratio discussion and self assessment of core competencies needed for success in the sector;
- Provides vital skills about how to repackage themselves to find and apply for a successful alternate/temporary career path while pursuing re-certification.
SmartConnections assists IEPs to find employment at a level commensurate with their skills and experience while providing social benefits through increased economic stability for their families.
Employers benefit from connecting with some of the international talent currently available in Edmonton and the global perspectives these professionals can bring to our market place.
When: Thursday, September 28th, 2017 from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. (Registration starts at 4:30 pm)
Where: NAIT Main Campus, North Lobby, Room Number O1X3, 11762 106 Street, Edmonton Alberta
Who is invited: Internationally educated professionals who may also be NAIT alumni, current or prospective students
Cost: free event; light refreshments provided
Participants will have the opportunity to interact with local business professionals. This will provide them an opportunity to practice and refine their networking and conversation skills, while gaining knowledge about different industries and career paths.
What is required?
• You graduated outside Canada
• You are interested in pursuing professional career in Canada
• You registered on Eventbrite
Seats are limited, please make sure you are able to attend before you register. For registration, please click here.
For more information, please contact Elena Chernaeva, Networking Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-497-8866.
For the previous Smart Connection events, please click the links below:
- Smart Connections – Leveraging You Presentation Skills – June 15, 2017
- Smart Connections – Entrepreneurship in Canada – September 30, 2016
- Smart Connections – Branding Yourself – June 23, 2016
- Smart Connections – Alternate Career Paths – October 8, 2015
- Smart Connections – Leveraging Your Assets and Skills – June 25, 2015