Speed Career Networking events are quick-hit events designed to maximize networking and informational opportunities for skilled immigrants, and provide opportunities for locally established professionals to use their professional expertise to support Edmonton’s global talent!
Speed Career Networking aims to:
- enhance the career development competencies of internationally trained professionals and;
- broaden their understanding of how they can best apply their existing skills to the Canadian workplace context,
- increase their employability,
- increase the networks of mentees and mentors.
Who is a Speed Mentee?
A speed mentee is a job-ready, skilled immigrant who wants to gain knowledge about their industry in Canada, enhance career development competencies and be introduced to networks in his or her profession.
As an internationally trained professional new to Edmonton, you will:
- increase your professional networks,
- broaden your understanding of your professional locally, and
- pick up some practical advice on opportunities within your field.
Who is a Speed Mentor?
A speed mentor is an established professional in Edmonton who shares his or her insights into industry specific employment practices, market conditions and opportunities to help a speed mentee strengthen job search strategies, increase networks and understand how they can best apply their skills into the Canadian job market in their field.
As a local professional, you will:
- meet other professionals with global perspectives,
- build your network of professionals
- enhance your coaching skills, and
- make a difference in the career search of a skilled immigrant.
For more information about Speed Career Networking, please contact Elena Chernaeva at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780–497-8866.