Employment Opportunity with ERIEC
JOB TITLE: Connector Program Coordinator
LOCATION: Edmonton, Alberta
WORK HOURS: 9am – 5pm
POSTING DATE: June 28, 2019
CLOSING DATE: 5:00 pm, Sunday, July 7th, 2019
The Edmonton Region Immigrant Employment Council (ERIEC) addresses issues of labour market integration for internationally trained professionals. ERIEC is dedicated to implementing innovative, high-impact strategies and initiatives for increasing the number of skilled immigrants employed to their full potential in Edmonton.
The Connector Program Coordinator is responsible for administering the Edmonton Connector Program and assisting with the other three ERIEC networking programs: Smart Connections, Speed Career Networking and Edmonton Global Talent Conference.
• Administer the Connector Program under the leadership of the Networking Programs Director and the Executive Director.
• Assess clients to identify their eligibility to enroll in ERIEC networking programs
• Meet with clients, review their profile, determine client educational and career goals, ensure the job readiness of the client, provide labour market information, make selection for participation and match to the first Connector.
• Manage the program database and ensure accuracy, integrity and timely entry of data.
• Organize, implement and evaluate programs and events including events related to bridging employers and skilled immigrants
• Deliver presentations on the program to internationally educated professionals, staff booths and events to promote ERIEC programs
• Assist with ERIEC social media initiatives
• Post-secondary education in business, education or social sciences or related field (equivalencies considered)
• 3+ years of related experience
• Demonstrated experience in project facilitation and evaluation, event coordination
• Knowledge of skilled immigrant labour market access issues
• Excellent organizational, time-management, presentation, communication (both verbal and written), interpersonal skills and flexibility to respond to changing priorities
• Strong competences in computer applications (MS Office Suite)
TO APPLY: Email your resume and cover letter to the Hiring Committee at [email protected]
Note: Only those applicants invited to an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in ERIEC.