ERIEC’s Birthday – 10 Years of Success!
This year marks ERIEC’s 10-years of operations here within the Edmonton region.
On Wednesday June 20th, Executive Director Doug Piquette provided the following 10 year milestones to the Board of Directors at the 2018 ERIEC’s Annual General Meeting.
Key Career Mentorship Milestones (since the 2009 pilot):
- Total Mentorship Matches – 745
- Mentees who have received mentorship services – 2,033
- Total Mentor volunteers 680
- Total organizations involved in mentorship 131
- Total Mentorship Volunteering Hours – 16,994
Key Networking Program Milestones since 2012
- A total of 1784 internationally educated immigrants have participated in our networking programs: Speed Career Networking, Smart Connections and the newly launched Connector Program.
- Total participants in the Global Talent Conferences over the years: 946
- Total immigrants served under the Networking Programs: 2730
And of course, one cannot have a birthday party without having a birthday cake!
We are forever grateful to all of our friends and partners for their support and collaboration over the last 10 years, and we look forward to continued success in the coming years!
“Thank yous” as well going out to all of our funders (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada and The Government of Alberta) , employer and agency partners who have all helped to contribute to the success of ERIEC and who have helped us to ensure that immigrants are welcomed and participate in the Edmonton economy at the level of their full potential.
Happy Birthday, ERIEC!