Making Time to Network During the Holiday Season
With music and magic in the air and retailers telling you it’s time to go shopping, it can be hard for even the most dedicated entrepreneur to stay focused on business. Here are a few tips to help you continue networking, without missing out on all the fun!
- Attending holiday-themed networking events will help you to have that festive feeling without feeling guilty that you should be working on building your business.
- Take some time from away your usual networking activities to provide a service in your community. You’ll still be keeping your name “out there” and meeting new people, and at the same time you’ll enjoy a break from your regular routine as well as the rewards that come from helping others.
- Think about the people in your network that you’ve never done business with because you don’t need their products or services. Buying gifts from them will strengthen your network and help you stay out of crowded stores.
- No time to send greetings to your clients and others who have supported your business over the past year? Simply give your contact list to your Virtual Assistant, and he or she will look after this for you.
- Although family get-togethers and other parties may not be the place for blatantly promoting your business, there’s no harm in having a well-prepared answer to the question, “So what are you doing these days?”
It’s always important to balance your personal life and your business life, but even more so at Christmas. Don’t forget to make time for your family and friends and to maintain the traditions that are important to you.